photo home_zpsa442ac44.png  photo about_zps494f8e88.png  photo believe_zps8e15866d.png  photo contact_zpsf69ac5bb.png

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

APPLE PICKING

October is my absolute favorite month out of the year.  Here's why.  The leaves start changing, you can wear grungy, oversized clothes and not be chastised, you get all the candy you could ever want and more in a single night, anything pumpkin flavored you'd like, they have it, and we celebrate the day of my birth.  What's not to love about October really?

Being a nanny, you've got to be at the top of your game during any holiday to make it extra fun for your kids.  And also prove that you're better than all the other nannies.  But let's be honest.. I don't have a creative bone in my body.  So naturally I'm thinking carve pumpkins, do something crafty with leaves, and maybe go to a corn maze or something.  Sounds like classic, seasonal activities for fall right?  Wrong.  I bring up these ideas to my kids and they say "What about apple picking?!"  like I'm the biggest idiot for not suggesting that in the first place.  I'm sorry I'm not practically perfect in every way children.  I'll try harder next time.  I didn't know that apple picking was a thing here.  You don't really think of upstate New York with it's fields and orchards when you live so close to the city.  So when I asked my kids if they would like to go apple picking one day and they said they were already going with their mom, I decided I was going to take a trip of my own.

We got a group of friends and road tripped it out to the middle of nowhere.  It was definitely worth the drive.  The orchard stretched on forever and it was surrounded by these beautiful fields.  I didn't realize how much I missed the country.

Once we got there, we had some struggles.  We practically starved to death waiting in the mile long line for apple cider donuts, I had quite the experience with a port o potty tipping this way and that while trying to do my thing, and I pulled a Hulk and ripped my shirt while reaching my arms up to climb a tree.  It was struggle city.  But amid the pain and affliction, we were able to look past it and have a great time.

 






 This picture just goes to show that life is like picking a good apple instead of the bad.  When the good is in your hand, you will be of high spirits.
Feel free to quote me in any papers or books you may be writing.

xoxo
Kylie



No comments:

Post a Comment